Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Spitting Image of Her Mother

I have always thought that Ava looks just like Jeremy. Lately, more and more people are telling me that she looks like me. I know sometimes people just say that because they want you to feel good, but I looked through my old photos and I have to agree. Here are some photos of my first year:

{5-6 months old}

{Feeding Time}

{Between 7-8 months}

{My first Christmas}

Here are some photos of Ava to compare:

{After feeding time}

{5 months old}

There are, of course, some differences. Ava's face is shaped like Jeremy's and her nose is more petite than mine. I have green eyes and hers are blue (I am interested to see if they stay blue or if they change) Her mannerisms favor Jeremy. It is amazing to me that she has only been around us for 6 months and she has picked up on his expressions.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every stage of her growth so far and am not wishing any of it away, but I am so excited to see how the months and years give way to reveal the young lady that she will become.




2 comments:

  1. Well gee. I guess we now know why Ava's hair is so stinkin thick and long! Apparently yours was long enough for a curling iron!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! When people would come up to me and say, "look at that baby's hair...it's so thick! You know it's going to fall out." I would just smile politely and say, "we'll see." I was born with a ton of hair and NONE of it fell out!! :) I know it looks like my mom used a curling iron on the bangs, but she didn't. That is all natural curl. Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete