Thursday, June 23, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!!

 Last week as I was cleaning and organizing some drawers in my bedroom, I ran across the coloring books and crayons that Jeremy always buys me for Christmas. I love to color. I find it to be therapeutic. There were days when I would come home from work and just sit at the kitchen table and color until it was dark outside. It was my outlet!! I am 3 years away from 30 and I still LOVE to color like a little girl! :)

I digress...let me get on with the story! I thought it would be a cool idea to have a coloring day with my friend Maggie. I remember her commenting that she would have been my best friend if we had gone to school together because of all the neat crayons I have. So, I called her and asked if she wanted to get together and color. She cracked up laughing and said, "YES!" Today was our nerdy coloring day (next it will be themed slumber parties!) (for our daughters, of course!) (wink!)

Even though we are adults, it is still fun to act like a kid! 

My tower of crayons!! 216 count, no duplicates (and yes, they are color coordinated) 

 Maggie's cute Christmas elf! 

Avery's masterpiece. If you look closely, you can see the little silver lines. That is Avery's handiwork!

 Avery and Ava playing together on the floor.

We had such a great time getting to visit with Maggie and Avery! We will definitely have to pull out the coloring books and crayons again!

1 comment:

  1. You would have a color coordinated tower of crayons.

    ReplyDelete