Sunday, June 26, 2011

Publix Baby Coupon Trip

I said in an earlier couponing post that I am not the best couponer in the world. I still stand by that statement :) I do my very best, though, to save my family money on the things that we use. Today's trip to Publix served the purpose of stocking up on diapers, wipes, and baby toiletries. I pretty much have enough diapers for Ava's first year, however, I think she will be in a size 3 longer than I anticipated.

Here is my loot from today's shopping adventure:

 A&D Ointment retail: $4.99
I had a manufacturer coupon for $3 off and 2 different type store coupons for $2 off.
I got one tube for FREE and paid $2.99 for the other. I saved $7

 Johnson & Johnson 15 oz Baby Lotion Retail: $3.89
I had 2 manufacturer coupons for $1 off each plus a Publix $3 off of 2.
I paid $1.30 for each bottle.

 Johnson's H2T wash retail: $3.89, and Johnson's baby shampoo retail: $4.89
Shampoo on sale for $3.89. Manufacturer coupons for each item $1 off and a store coupon for $3 off of 2 items.
I paid $1.30 for each item.

 Johnson's Natural retail: $4.79
On sale for $3.79 plus a store coupon for $1 off and a manufacturer coupon for $1 off.
I paid $1.79.

 Gerber Pear Juice retail: $2.15
I had a store coupon for $1 off
I paid $1.15.

 Pampers Cruisers retail: $10.99. Wipes retail: $2.99
I had a manufacturer coupon for $1.50 off of diapers. I had another manufacturer coupon for free wipes with the purchase of diapers. Diapers were on sale for $9.49.
I paid $7.99 for the diapers and received the wipes for FREE!

 Publix Unscented baby wipes retail: $2.29
I had two Publix Baby Club coupons for BOGO free.
I paid $2.29 for two of the wipes packages and received the other 2 FREE!

Huggies diapers retail: $10.99
I had 2 Publix coupons for $2 off any Huggies plus a manufacturer coupon for each for $1.50 off.
I paid $7.49 for each package of diapers.

I consider my couponing trips to be successful if my savings and cost are close to the same amount. After store savings, vendor coupon savings, and store coupon savings, todays trip saved me $42.07. I spent $42.43!!

I learn something new on every trip. Here is what I learned today:

  • The Publix Green Advantage Buy does not contain store coupons. Even though the coupon says PUBLIX, it does not count as a store coupon. I have always been able to use those coupons with a manufacturer coupon, but the cashier would not allow me to use them together today. 
  • I also learned which cashier to not go to!! She was a very sweet woman, but she took forever. My shopping trip lasted about an hour. It took me about 30 minutes to pick out all my items and match my coupons. I only stayed on one isle. It took her about 30 minutes to check me out! I was calm, but I made a mental note! :)
  • I also learned never to go to Walgreens! I had two great coupons for Huggies wipes that I thought would reduce the cost significantly. I was wrong!! I found the same wipes at Publix for a whole dollar cheaper! 
I know that I will never be one of those people who walks out of Publix with a shopping cart full of free stuff. But, if I am able to save 50% of my bill like today, it is well worth the effort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment