Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Comedy of Errors

Ugh! You know when you have one of those days? The kind that seems to go on forever and nothing goes according to plan? The kind that, from the moment your feet hit the floor in the morning, continually goes downhill? Well, today was one of those days for me!

I set my alarm for 5:45 this morning so that I could get an early start on a pot roast. My alarm went off as expected, but I did not get up. I heard it go off, I looked at the time, and I rolled back over. I thought I would give myself 5 more minutes. Forty-five minutes later I scrambled out of bed and ran into the kitchen. I could check that off my list!

Two hours later, Jeremy and I are rushing out the door for church (without Ava's formula) I don't know what I was thinking. I grabbed a diaper and some wipes, but I figured that we would be back home in time for her next feeding. At this point in my life, I should know about Murphy's Law. When I desperately need for things to go according to a plan, they don't! :) And today was no exception! Ava's next feeding time rolled around and we were still at the church building. Luckily, she did not cry too long. Well, another thing checked off my list.

This afternoon there was a baby shower for a dear friend of mine who had her little boy 8 weeks early. I guess we would call it a "Sip and See." I made it out of the house with her present. Did it have tissue paper in it? Are you kidding? Have you been reading about my day so far? If you know me well, you know that I shop for the perfect gift and I care very much about presentation. Well, I had to throw that out the window today because she got a box of diapers in a bag with no tissue paper. :) Sorry Katie! Levi is lovely, though!

Whew! All that. I came home for a small nap before church started. I thought I might get 30-45 minutes. Guess again! I slept for about 3 hours...and missed evening services! Again, if you know me, you know that I do not miss worship services. If the doors are open at that building, I am going to be there.

The worst part of today was realizing that it was all my fault. Every one of the stories above could have been prevented if I had done something different. But what's done is done. I am slowly learning to accept that I am not perfect. I have struggled my whole life with trying to be perfect. Being a mom has opened my eyes!! :) I am now okay with this. So, you have heard the worst parts of today. Would you like to know the best part?

I did not cry!! :)

2 comments:

  1. And you were so wonderful and brought a very morning...all day sickness expectant mommy a WONDERFUL meal. You really mean so much to me and my family! When you left Avery stood at the door waiting for you to come back and said, "Boo?". Thought that would make you're day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet!! I love her! I felt bad leaving you. I really wanted to stay around and talk and make sure you were okay. But I knew that you probably wanted to just sleep. I guess "Boo" is her way of saying "Brooke." That makes me happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete