Thursday, June 23, 2011

Publix Couponing

I am not the best couponer in the world, but I have managed to save our family quite a bit of money on certain items. I am not an extreme couponer and I only buy the stuff that my family will use. I rarely use coupons for food because I can hardly ever find coupons for what we eat (lots of meat and vegetables, no junk food) Occasionally, I will find a really good coupon for bacon or sausage, but that is about it.

I mainly use coupons for diapers, formula, baby wash, and toiletries. Tonight, Jeremy and I went to Publix to buy some things for Ava. I was about out of formula and also needed some green peas for Ava's lunch tomorrow. Like I said, I am not the best, but I was proud of my purchases and the amount that was saved:

I was able to buy:

  • a 16 pack of Enfamil on-the-go formula (reg. $9.79)
  • 6 double packs of Gerber 3.5 oz baby food (reg. $1.29 each)
I had a store coupon ($4 off) for the Enfamil that I stacked with a manufacturer coupon ($3 off) The total price for the Enfamil was $2.79.

Publix had a sale on select double packs of Gerber. So the double packs were $1 each. I then had a store coupon for Buy 5, Get 1 Free (that is 12 packs of 3.5 oz) The total price for the Gerber baby food was $5 

If I had gone to Publix when Gerber* was not on sale and without coupons, I would have spent approximately $17.53. Instead, I only spent $7.79. I was super happy about that!

*I usually do not buy Gerber, but I am not going to pass up a sale! :) I also could have saved even more if I had a manufacturer coupon for Gerber. 

For more information on couponing strategies, visit Tara Whitaker's blog at :


No comments:

Post a Comment