Friday, June 3, 2011

The Pate Potpourri

Here is my first post in my new blog! I have been throwing around the idea of a blog for a few months now. My family lives in Texas and Jeremy's family lives in Tennessee. We keep in touch with them through Facebook and phone calls, but sometimes it just isn't enough. Sometimes, those little moments arise when we both think, "I wish Mom were here," or "I wish we could put all the details on Facebook." Well, a blog solves that problem! I don't have to stay on the phone for two hours with my mother to let her know the latest, and I don't have to delete phrases and sentences from Facebook because of the 200 character limit.

Well, I am not sure how I got on that tangent, but there it is. This morning I woke up and thought, "this is the day. I am going to start my own blog. What will I call it?" I quickly decided that it would be called the The Pate Potpourri. The Free Online Dictionary defines "potpourri" as: "a collection containing a variety of sorts of things." Hmm...well yes, that is pretty much what my blog will be. So there you have it. I just gave you the reason why I blog and why I settled on that name. (The other choice was The Pate Smorgasbord. It means the same thing as potpourri, but I did not want my blog readers to think of a hot buffet as they read my posts.) Until my next post...

4 comments:

  1. Haha I love this post! And yeah smorgasbord made me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! I got my first comment on my blog! Are you going to start keeping up with your blog? I wish you would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blog...you have me craving more of the Pate Potpourri. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi, you crack me up!! I love that the things you say still make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete