Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Every Burp and Toot

I can't be certain, but I think Bloggers get made fun of quite often (usually not to their face) I knew that when I started my blog. So, if you are reading this and you have made fun of me in the past, I don't mind. It really doesn't bother me. I just wanted to get that out there so that you don't think you are pulling one over on me!! :)

The thing I hear most often about personal bloggers is that we post "every burp and toot." I kind of laugh and own up to it. Yes, I blog several times a day and most of it is probably not important to anyone but my family and me. But I will continue to do this because my child (hopefully children) will be reading this one day. I think that blogging is a great tool for preserving memories and allowing children to get a glimpse of life from the perspective of someone other than themselves. And in this self-centered society, isn't that so important? Not to mention, my family LOVES knowing everything that goes on with Ava.

I guess I want to share some of my plans for this blog. I have made a list of several upcoming events that will definitely be among my titles, and then there are the really neat unknown things that happen and I think, "That would be a great blog entry." But I also want to share some spiritual things with Ava; things I am praying for, lessons I learn from Bible study, and people who influence me. These topics may not be a fun read for everyone else, but I want Ava and my family and friends to know that blogging is not just something I do to put myself "out there." You know what I mean. I am not trying to call attention to my life. Don't get me wrong, I have a great life. God has blessed me so much more than I could have ever imagined. But that is truly not why I blog. 

I will also be adding some "Gigi Stories." My mother is a great storyteller. She has had an amazing life and a wonderful memory to recall most of it. My sister and I grew up hearing all the unbelievable things that she did and experienced growing up. I want Ava to have those memories of my mom. I can't wait to share the first "Gigi Story!" :) (I have asked her permission, of course!)

So, I guess I am finished with all my thoughts. Until my next post...


2 comments:

  1. I just love reading these...and yeah I've had people tell me well you post everything...well, I want to have a memory of it! Blah! Besides the Pate Potpourri always makes my day a little brighter...I'd rather read it than the depressing actual paper anyday :)

    ReplyDelete