Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two Conversations

Last Night:

Jeremy and Ava were sitting on the couch watching a movie. I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine. Ava was trying to get Jeremy to open her plastic container of bubbles.

Ava: Bebahs (bubbles)

Jeremy: No, we aren't doing that right now.

Ava: Bebahs

Jeremy: Ava, I said no.

Ava: No, Bebahs!

Jeremy: Ava, do you want a spanking?

Ava (still trying to hand them over): No, Bebahs!

Jeremy (getting exasperated): I don't want the bubbles...I want your obedience!

:) I am sure that she understood that and was willing to fully comply with that logic!

Today:

I was sitting at the table with Ava while she was eating a late dinner.

Me: MeepMeep (in an alien voice)

Ava: MeepMeep (in an alien voice)

No, not a huge exchange. But a funny one!! I didn't know a 17 month old could mimic an alien voice. I threw back my head and laughed. Then she did the same thing! We both just laughed at each other for about a minute. I think I see a friendship blossoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment