Monday, May 7, 2012

SBE Oil Painting and Frame Sale

Okay, so this does not really have anything to do with my kids or our family life...but I am really excited about my newest SBE purchases! If you live in the area, you may or may not be familiar with Alan & Kitty Engberg, and their traveling business. I was able to have a show at my house a year ago and I am now addicted! Every time they are in the area, I go to their shows and buy something. It may just be a $5 frame that I can spray paint, but I can't leave without something! I know it sounds like I am an impulse buyer but I promise I am not!! I totally PLAN on buying something when I go! :)

Anyway, I have been to two sales in the last two months. I purchased some damaged frames at the first sale, as well as a frame for a painting I did for Ava's and Greta's play room. I know, I know, they don't have a play room...yet! They will someday and I will be ready! At the second sale, I purchased two really nice oil paintings for their nursery. I also purchased 4 more smaller oil paintings for the master bedroom. As soon as we get our nursery situated, I want to replace the art over our night stands with the newer oil paintings. 

Without further adieu...


The painting is a 16X20 that I did a few months ago at a painting night at church. I found the frame at one of the sales for a good price and had my painting mounted for free. This will one day hang in a play room/homeschool room. I can't wait!

This is an 8X10 $5 frame that I got for free. When I went to pay, Kitty handed me back my $5 because I did not have exact change. She told me to just stick it in my pocket. Okay!! :) I will spray paint this gold to match the next two frames.

 Another $5 frame. This will also be spray painted a brighter shade of gold.

Since this frame is a little more ornate, it was $18. Since I got such a great deal on the other three frames, I did not feel bad paying that. This will also be spray painted gold.

These are my 4 8X10 owls that I painted at my last painting night. Whenever SBE comes back into town, I will find one more 8X10 frame (spray painted gold, of course!) and then have all of these mounted in the frames I bought last time. My goal is to have the above 16X20 in the middle of a wall, with two owls flanking each side. I think it will look chipper and cute!

This is a 20X24 Paris street scene that is now hanging above Ava's crib. It is very similar to the 24X36 Paris scene that I got for free for hosting a sale back in August. I wanted the two to look different, so I framed this one in gold instead of dark bronze. My friend Peyton helped me pick out the frame for this one.

This is a 20X24 Venice canal scene. It is now hanging above Greta's crib. The frame for this one is not identical to the one above, but it is very similar. I was so sad that I could not find matching frames, but they are so close that you really can't tell. Both paintings are hanging in the nursery and I really don't even notice the difference.

 A 12X16 that will hang above my nightstand.

 A 12X16 that will hang above Jeremy's nightstand.

 A 5X7 that does not have a home yet. I will find a place for it though!

Another 5X7 that does not have a home! :)

2 comments: