Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Greta's 37 Week Appointment!!

I met with Dr. Emig today at about 3:00. My blood pressure was 130/80 (a little higher than it normally is, but she assured me that it is perfectly normal at my stage of pregnancy to be a little higher than usual) I actually lost 1.5 lbs this time. I figured I would since most of my weight gain last time was water retention. That brings my total to 18 lbs. I am really proud of myself for having a tad bit more self control this time around!! :) As usual, I am measuring a week ahead. So that puts Miss Greta at 38 weeks. I have progressed from 1.5 cm last time to 3 cm this time. I am still 50% effaced. Only God knows when Greta will get here and I am learning to be ok with that. :)

Although it has been my desire from the beginning of this pregnancy to go into labor on my own, I did talk to my doctor about inducing. Since my mom has a certain time frame she can be here, I told my doctor it was unrealistic to just expect that I would go into labor that week. She agreed and said that the rest of the family should be taken into consideration. So, if I have not gone into labor by my next appointment (May 29th), we will talk about inducing the following week. I am really excited about meeting our newest addition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment