Monday, May 7, 2012

Greta's 34 Week Appointment

Tuesday of last week was my 34 week appointment with Greta! My next appointment is scheduled for 36 weeks and then I will go every week until she is born! I can't believe how close we are to meeting her!

My blood pressure has remained completely normal during this whole pregnancy. This past week it was 120/70 at the doctor's office. I only gained a pound and a half. That brings my total to 12 lbs. I have not had any swelling at all. I had tons of swelling with Ava. I drank plenty of water and actually rested more with her (because I wasn't chasing another child around) :) I guess that is just some of the differences in pregnancies! 

When I was shown to my room, the nurse checked Greta's heartbeat: 140 bpm. Her heartrate is a lot more calm than Ava. Ava's heartrate was always in the 150's-170's range! It was so good to hear her little heart beating. I love the sound of it! As usual, I measured a week ahead.

I have started feeling really good the past few weeks. From week 29-32, I felt pretty awful. I could barely walk because of the sciatic nerve pain in my hips, legs, and rear. I stayed on the couch most days and watched Ava run and play all around me. I felt like a bad mom because I wasn't able to engage her. I hope that she cannot remember those few weeks! :( I actually had to start changing her diapers on the floor instead of her changing table because I couldn't lift her. I allowed myself to lift her in and out of her crib, but that was it. I finally broke down and took some Benadryl one night to help me sleep. My allergies were preventing me from getting a good night's rest, so I had to do something. I woke up feeling like a totally different person! I continued taking Benadryl until my allergies got better. Since that time, my legs, rear, and hips have slowly started to heal. I have been resting better because I can breathe better!

I now feel like I can hold out the next few weeks until her arrival. I was in so much pain before that I was actually going to ask my doctor to induce early! I didn't want to do that, but I didn't know if I could handle that pain for 10 more weeks! I am so glad that God answered my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment