Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Greta's 36 Week Appointment

This morning was my 36 week check-up on Greta! Yay! I start going every week now. I am in shock! I think I may need to kick my nesting into overdrive because there are still several things undone. I need to replace all the batteries in the infant swing and the infant bouncer. I need to finish my Thank You notes and put away all the gifts. And I need to replace all the burned out light bulbs in our house. We have about 6 that are burned out. It would probably be a good idea to review some chapters on newborn care and wellness. It has only been a year and a half, but review is always a good thing :)

As usual, my blood pressure was 120/70, but this time the scale said I gained 7 lbs!! Yikes!! I know a lot of it is swelling and water retention because my legs are larger than usual and my ankles are swollen. It also hurts my feet to wear shoes. Most of it will come right off when Greta gets here, so I am not worried. Greta's heart beat was 136 bpm. Today was the start of my cervical examinations. As of today, I am 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced!!! I am so excited!! I know that plenty of women walk around for weeks at 3 cm, but I never dilated with Ava, so this is great news!! In fact, the morning of my induction with Ava, I was dilated to 1.5 cm. :) Greta may come on her own after all!! She is measuring 37 weeks, so she is still right on track with her growth. Dr. Emig said that she could feel that Greta had dropped quite a bit and was in a head down position. I asked if she could feel her head and she said, "oh, yeah!" This makes me so ready for her to get here!!

Dr. Emig also put her hands on my belly to feel Greta's position and movement. She asked me how much my first baby weighed, and I told her, "6 lbs. and 15 oz." She asked me if I had any predictions about Greta's weight and I said, " a little over 7 lbs. I don't think she will be a huge baby." Dr. Emig seemed to agree with that. She said that she thought Greta would be very average in her weight and height.

That is all the news I have for today! I know that Greta will get here when she is ready, but I do hope she will hold out until June 4th! My mom arrives on that day, so I would really like for Greta to wait until then. I wish there was some way to relay the message to her in a way that she will understand!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment