Sunday, May 13, 2012

36 Weeks Photo


Well, in addition to it being Ava's 17 month birthday and Mother's Day, I am also officially 36 weeks pregnant today! Greta will be here before we know it!! I still need to buy Ava a new carseat so that Greta can have the Chicco seat that goes with the stroller system. I need to also make sure that Greta can be added to our pediatrician. In fact, I should probably call tomorrow! All of the newborn clothes need to be pulled from the storage closet so that Greta has something to wear in the hospital. And I need to pack my bags (just in case!) We have a plan for Ava in case I go into labor before my due date, but I am really hoping that Greta can hold out until June 4th, which is the day my mom will be able to be here. I really am praying at this point that my mom will be here for Greta's arrival. Whatever happens, though, is just what happens. We will go with the flow! Here are some things going on with her this week:
  • Greta probably weighs about 6 lbs. and is about 18.5 inches long.
  • She is probably in a head down position, ready to make her debut!
  • Her gums have ridges that resemble teeth.
  • She is probably starting to shed lanugo (the downy hair that covers a baby)
  • She is probably also settling on waketime/sleeptime
Jeremy and I are really excited about meeting Greta. I know without a doubt that Ava will be a GREAT big sister. She is a very loving child and has shown us repeatedly how to treat a baby. I know we still have to keep a close eye on her because she is still a baby herself, but overall she knows how delicate a baby is. I am really not worried about sleep. I know it will be tough to try and make their sleep schedules line up right away, so I am just preparing myself for very little sleep :) Luckily, I will have my mom to help me the first week or so. As long as I can get some sleep in that first week we are home, I should be okay. I really cannot wait to see this little Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment