Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Greta's 38 Week Appointment!

Yesterday, Jeremy, Ava and I visited with Dr. Emig about Greta. We are excited to announce that we will be inducing labor tomorrow, May 31st! I will go into the hospital at about 6:30 tomorrow morning, and we should have a baby soon after!

My blood pressure was 130/80 and I had gained 6 lbs. since my last appointment. My ankles are really swollen and my lower legs are really tight. I have been drinking lots of water and propping my feet up, but I guess swelling just comes with the territory! I consider myself very lucky since I was swollen the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy with Ava. Greta's heartbeat was 126!! The nurse assured me that it was slowing down for her arrival. As usual, I measured one week ahead with Greta. I was still just 3 cm and 50% effaced.

Why are we inducing?
We decided to go ahead and induce so that my mom could be here for Greta's arrival. We had fully expected that to take place next week. Unfortunately, my mom has come down with the Shingles and cannot be here until she is completely healed up. Some luck, huh? 

The good news is that Jeremy's parents are currently in town to celebrate his birthday (yesterday) They decided to go ahead and stay long enough to hear about my doctor visit. When Dr. Emig gave us the option of inducing on Thursday, we took it. This way, Jeremy's parents will be in town for the birth (something we totally were not expecting since Roy's mom's health is declining) and Ava will be able to stay in her environment. Bant B (Aunt Berrie) will hopefully be able to come into town on Friday, to stay with Ava until we get home on Saturday. 

As it turns out, I worried myself sick over nothing. Ava will get to stay with our family and we have the comfort of knowing that Greta's arrival is timed to meet that need. God knows what he is doing and I have to learn to trust him more! :)

SO...if the Lord wills, we will be the Pate Family of 4 tomorrow!! Please pray for us in this adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment