Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Last year was my first Mother's Day and we decided to make it a tradition in our household to buy a new mother's day dress for me and a matching dress for Ava. Since Jeremy owns every color of tie under the sun, it isn't hard for him to coordinate with us on Sunday morning. Yesterday, we got out in the downpour and went shopping. Ava fell asleep in the car, so I went into TJ Maxx by myself while Jeremy waited with her. I found my blue and white dress and cardigan and decided to accessorize with a mustard yellow belt. I found Ava's white eyelet lace dress in the children's section. The built in yellow belt and flowers (not shown) were perfect for the motif I was trying to create. Jeremy's yellow and blue tie completed the look! We don't match very often, so I always look forward to Mother's Day!


Instead of going out to eat lunch after worship services, we came home and made tacos. Jeremy took me out to dinner last night at Panera Bread. He also bought me 2 cherry danishes: one for dessert last night, and one for Mother's Day breakfast this morning! I have had such a great day! I am so appreciative of my sweet husband who is so very thoughtful. I am also so thankful for my sweet daughter who made me a mother 17 months ago. It has been a wonderful 17 months and I look forward to a lifetime of sweet memories made with her and her little sister (and any other Pate babies that may come our way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment