Monday, September 26, 2011

What I Have Learned From Being A Parent

*I have learned that Ava needs a nap especially when she protests!

*I have learned that active child does not equal bad child. Nor does calm child equal good child. Ava is very active, but she is also a very good, obedient child.

*I have learned to get my bluff in early.

*I have learned to let Ava roam freely as much possible with as much supervision as possible.

*I have learned to not run to Ava every time she cries.

*I have learned to not make a big deal out of every bump and bruise. It usually hurts for a second and although the bruise lasts for several days, Ava carries on as usual.

*I have learned to enjoy the tough moments because I will miss them one day when Ava is grown.

*I have learned to laugh as much as possible!

*I have learned to let Ava be social with as many people as possible. I don't want to teach her to pick favorites. She needs to be nice to everyone.

* I have learned to not compare Ava to other children.

*I have learned to not compare myself to other moms.

*I have learned that no one can make more of an impact on Ava's life than her parents.

*I have learned to keep my mouth shut when people want to give advice. I usually don't want it unless I ask for it, but it is not worth being rude and cutting them off mid-sentence. It is just better for everyone.

*I have learned that Ava does not like socks and hairbows; therefore, I will not make a battle of it and force her to wear it. We will work on that when she gets older.

*I have learned that successful parenting is getting your child to Heaven. That's it.

*I have learned that I am not always right. Sometimes Jeremy has insightful advice that I should listen to.

*I have learned who to ask for parenting advice. If I know I will disagree with someone, then I don't ask them. I solicit advice from people who have similar parenting philosophies.

*I have learned to not post parenting issues on facebook. Everyone has an opinion and it doesn't always come across as nice. I would rather avoid confrontation and conflict.

*I have learned to trust my instincts.

*I have learned that playdates are good for everyone involved.

*I have learned about Agape love.

*I have learned that rocking a baby to sleep is not always a bad thing.

*I have learned to have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment