Monday, September 19, 2011

Loot

This post is coming almost two months late! If you don't care anything about interiors, oil paintings, and ornate frames, then you will not care anything about this post. I, however, am a huge fan of anything involving interior design and wall decor. I am not a materialistic person, but I do love accumulating things to make our house a home. Let me be clear: I do not store up treasures on this earth because I know that my real treasure is in Heaven, but while I am on this earth I do enjoy hobbies and design is one of them.

At the beginning of August, I was able to host an SBE Inc. Art Show at my home. Since my husband and I moved to Tuscaloosa almost 5 years ago, I have always wanted to host one. I never knew how to get in touch with them to schedule a show so I just concluded that I would never have one and I would be destined to go to everyone else's shows. Mid July, a friend (Rachel) contacted me and said that she could not host the show she had been planning for over a year. Could I possibly have it at my house? Well, of course!! She offered to let me have all the proceeds because it was at my house, but I didn't feel right about it since she had been planning this. We decided to split the percentage and get 10% each. 

When you host an SBE show, you get 20% of the profit to spend on art for yourself. If you spend above and beyond your percentage, you get either 10% or 20% off the asking price (I am not sure which it is) Alan and Kitty Engberg are very easy to work with. They set up in your garage, so there is no reason to get your house in mint condition. I was thrilled to have this opportunity! In two days, we sold $5,300! 

Loot:

 This 24X36 Paris street scene and frame was $360. I got it for FREE because it was part of my 20%.

 8X10 FREE

 8X10 FREE

 8X10 Chalkboard $5

 20X24 painting and frame $180

 I already owned this painting, but the frame was FREE with my 20%.

 12X16 $150

Please disregard the mess in the back! But, this is how the three roosters will hang on the wall. I don't have any of these up yet, but I will post pictures when I do. Hopefully, Jeremy will be willing to hang these for me this afternoon. Pictures could be up as soon as tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment