Monday, September 26, 2011

Storytime Tuesday: Folktales And A Visit To Daddy's Office

This past Tuesday, I was in charge of Storytime. I will be honest; I was tired and not in a particularly creative mood. I decided that story time would consist of songs, two stories, and a snack. Even though it was much more simple than usual, the kids did not even know the difference! They still had a great time playing together and listening to two classic folktales: The Three Little Pigs retold and illustrated by Barry Moser and Goldilocks and the Three Bears retold and illustrated by James Marshall.



After I read each story, I asked the kids what their favorite part was. They all had a great memory and told me different answers. My favorite answer, though, was Luke's. There is a part in the Goldilocks story where she wakes up to find the three bears standing over her bed. The text says, "Goldilocks woke up with a start. And her eyes nearly popped out of her head." (pg. 29) Well, this was Luke's favorite part, except his version went more like this: "I like when her eyes pop out of her head." I laughed so hard! I have only been out of the classroom for a little over a year, but I had forgotten how literal kids are. He probably was imagining eyeballs rolling around on the floor below the bed Goldilocks was laying in. Yikes! I hope his mom was not too mad at me!! Kind of a gruesome thought for a three year old!! But, he did not seem disturbed in the least bit, and his mom laughed too. :)

After storytime, Ava and I had a short little visit to Jeremy's office. He is a comic book fanatic so you will note the posters on the wall behind him. His office is a little overwhelming to me because it is floor to ceiling comics and VBS posters that he has designed. It is a haven for young children, though, because he also has toys EVERYWHERE! Imagine Tom Hanks' character in the movie BIG. His office full of toys reminds me of Jeremy's office. He is just a kid in an adults body. :) (That's why I love him!)





After storytime and our little visit, we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. We had a great time with Ms. Carla, Luke, Sam, and Daddy! We love storytime Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment