Wednesday, September 14, 2011

McKay's

On our way home from Tennessee last month, we stopped at McKay's. If you have not been introduced to McKay's, you need to get acquainted! McKay's sells used books, dvds, and cds. There are only three of them in the country: Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville. I have been to all three but the one in Knoxville is my favorite. Jeremy's favorite is the one in Nashville because of the huge selection of cds. Since we were on our way home on a spiritual high, I was on the lookout for Bible study material for Ava. I wanted to stock up on as many children's Bible stories as possible. I was definitely in luck! Several Bible stories were on sale for just 25 cents! I grabbed every one of the books I could find! I also got a Beginner's Bible and a children's book about animals in the Bible. There were a few other secular books I bought, but my loot mainly consisted of Bible stuff.

Here are some pics of the books:

 This book was FREE! There is always a huge bin in front of McKay's that has free books. I always help myself!

 This is Ava's Bible animal book! When she gets a little older, we will look up the stories and talk about the significance. Right now though, I just go through the pages and tell her what day God created that animal and make the noise that the animal makes. She gets a good giggle out of it! Especially since Mommy is horrible at making animal noises! My voice always cracks and sounds like a dying animal!

 This was the most expensive purchase for Ava. But at only $3.50, it was well worth it! I use this book almost every day to teach Bible stories and then sing songs that go along with that story. (Ex. I read the Creation story and then sing the Creation song. I will read the Noah story and then sing "Here is Noah", I will read the Battle of Jericho and sing the Joshua/Jericho song, etc) Ava loves the pictures and the songs.

 These are all of the 25 cent books! I know it is hard to see all the titles, but you get the idea. There are stories about Jesus, Moses, David, Jonah, and others. Among the Bible stories you will see some secular materials: Duck and a Book (a variation of David Shannon's Duck on a Bike), The Boy Who Cried Wolf, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

These are three other books that I purchased. Although I don't agree with Max Lucado biblically, "You Are Mine," is a great analogy that I can totally appreciate.

Total Cost: $ 11.85 :)
Total Books: 26
Average Cost: $ .46!

I hope we can make another trip to McKay's very soon! (By the way, it is completely OCD organized!!) If you are interested in McKay's but don't want to travel to Tennessee, I would highly recommend 2nd and Charles in Hoover. It is right off of 459 at the Galleria exit. It is also well organized and very clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment