Friday, September 16, 2011

Freebie and Dinner Party!

Today we had a knock at the door when we were not expecting anyone. Hmmm...who could it be? It was a neighbor who was about to move out of the house three doors down from us. She knew we had a young child and wanted to give us her little girl's old Little Tikes slide. Her little girl had outgrown it and she wanted to pass it along! It was like brand new!

 Just like new, and something that Ava can definitely grow into! I helped her go down the slide several times. She did not like it! I don't think she liked the free-fall feeling. She preferred to be standing at the bottom or pulling up on the side.

Just as I said, she preferred to be at the bottom. I think it will take some getting use to. At least she has one more thing to pull up on. Who knows? Maybe one day soon I will look over and Ava will let go and stand by herself for more than 5 seconds. :) (And then take her first steps!) Sigh...I am enjoying all this so much. Bittersweet.

About an hour after we received our freebie, we had our dinner guests come over!! We had a very, very, very, informal dinner party. I did not fix my hair. I only had on powder, mascara, and  cream eyeshadow. And I wore socks with no shoes. We had no bread to serve because we forgot (it is hard to remember that when Jeremy and I are both on a diet) and we bought a Toll House roll of cookie dough to bake after dinner. No fanciness in our house tonight!! :) Brian and Jamie Bigham and their two sweet daughters, Nina and Abbie came over about 6:30 and stayed until about 9. We had grilled chicken, green beans, and Jeremy's specialty macaroni and cheese :) After dinner, Jeremy, Nina, and Abbie baked colossal chocolate chip cookies for everyone to enjoy. I did not partake, but I did get a good look. Sometimes looking fills you up just like eating does (not really, but I have to tell myself that!)

 Nina played on Ava's new slide for a few minutes.

 Abbie also played on it.

 Brian and Jamie acting silly!

 Abbie and her colossal baked cookie and milk!

 Nina and her colossal baked cookie and milk.

 Brian and Jamie split a cookie

Ms. Jamie held Ava while I took pictures of the evening. We had a blast with them and hope to be able to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment