Friday, July 8, 2011

Precious Memories

I was looking through my online photography library when I ran across these two pictures of Ava:




Ava was just two months old when Jeremy and I took her to the Freed-Hardeman Lectureships in Henderson, TN. Freed-Hardeman University is where Jeremy completed his Master's Degree in Ministry. Every February, Freed hosts the annual lectureship that is attended by Christians from around the country. I have not been able to go the past two years because of my job, but now that I am staying at home full time, I can make the time to go. 

These two photos were on our way home from the lectures. Jeremy and I could tell that Ava had done something in her diaper and so we stopped at a gas station to change her. My plan was to lay out the changing pad in the back seat and do a quick change job while I stood outside the truck, but that didn't work out! It started snowing outside and so we had to move her to the front seat along with the changing pad. I laid it out in my lap thinking that it would go pretty quick. It did not!! Apparently, Ava was not finished with her diaper. I removed her diaper with the intent of placing another one underneath her right away. As soon as she hit the air, pee went flying skyward! It got all over my shirt, all over the passenger door, and all over the changing pad. To make matters worse, she finished her bowel movement all over the changing pad. It all happened so quickly. Jeremy and I were stunned! She looked up and laughed. She was having a swell time! And what could we do except laugh too? We got her all cleaned up and changed her clothes. She was a happy little girl after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment