Friday, July 8, 2011

Dinner with the James Family

Last night, the Pate clan drove to Brent, Al, to have dinner with some friends from church. Marty and Peyton have two sweet children: Lily Grace and Cooper and a sweet dog named Hogan. We had a great time with them!

Peyton is such a gracious host. She and Marty cooked a wonderful dinner of Hawaiian pork chops, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, Italian style green beans, homeade bread, baked zucchini, and apple dumplings for dessert. She had also gone out earlier that day to buy Ava two new toys! Ava came home with two new rattles and I came home with 3 beautiful monogrammed luggage tags (Peyton owns her own business Do It Cute where she makes all kinds of invitations and monogrammed items)

Here are some pics of our evening with the James family:

 I love flowers! This giant sunflower was growing in their front yard. I had to get a picture! This is actually the sunflower that Lily Grace received at storytime one Tuesday. She grew it from a seed and relocated it to her front yard. I will have to try this!

 Lily Grace is drawing a picture for me! Too sweet!

 Cooper is ready to eat!

 All girls!

 I am totally stealing this idea from Peyton! This is her personal time management board. She starts out her day with everything on the board. As she completes each task, she removes it from the board (it is magnetic) Everything is color coded: Blue is biblical, Red is children, Orange is housekeeping, and Green is personal. Peyton says the one thing she has realized at the end of the day is that most of the green is still on the board. I know what she means! When you are a mom and wife it is hard to remember to do nice things for yourself!

 These are the things that she has accomplished today!

This is all the stuff that is left to do!

 Lily Grace dressed up as a princess just so I could take a picture of her! She is too cute!

 Peyton tells me that Ava is her 2nd favorite girl! (2nd to Lily Grace, of course!) :)

This is the picture that Lily Grace drew for me upon our arrival! It now resides on my refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment