Thursday, July 14, 2011

Places I've Been: Antigua Edition

In my last post about travel, I said that Puerto Rico was the first port of call on our 2006 cruise. Well, Antigua was our second stop! Antigua was the place that I was most excited about! I had read so many reviews about the beaches and the activities available. Jeremy and I decided on a 6 hour beach shore excursion (Fort James Beach) We had a blast! We laid on the beach (under an umbrella so I would not get sunburned) I bought two shell necklaces from a woman selling jewelry out of her luggage and Jeremy and I drank coconut milk out of a coconut! We loved Antigua so much that we decided to go back there on our 2008 cruise. On that cruise we chose to visit Stingray City instead of the beach. It was a fantastic trip as well!

Here are photos of our 2006 trip:


 These men played Caribbean music the whole time we were in port. It was so neat to exit our ship and walk down the boardwalk with this playing in the background.


 This was the port we pulled into and these were the shops. The shops were literally right on the water. We walked around the shops before leaving for our shore excursion.


 Cafe Napoleon was in the port square. We did not stop there to eat but Jeremy definitely wanted to take advantage of the photo op!

 Here is the coconut! It tasted awful, but the experience of sipping coconut milk on the beach was worth every penny.


This was a long expanse of beach! Occasionally we would see people horseback riding on the beach. We just wanted to lay back and enjoy our time. It was so peaceful to just lay on my chair and listen to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment