Monday, July 4, 2011

Ava's First Independence Day

We started the day off pretty lazy! Jeremy and I stayed up until 2 this morning watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Needless to say, we were exhausted this morning!! We rested up all day (like couch potatoes) and then went to the Moore's house for dinner. We had a great day!

 To start our evening off, we visited Maggie, Nathan, and Avery for dinner.

 Ava and Avery love each other! They are always excited to see one another!

 Ava is wondering when we are going to get her out of this thing!

 Nathan smoked chicken for our 4th celebration. It was so delicious!!

 You might be wondering why a zucchini squash is in my purse. Well, as I was walking out the door, I remembered that Jeremy needed a green vegetable to go with the potatoes and macaroni that we would be having. I dug around in the crisper in the refrigerator and came up with this. We got to Nathan and Maggie's house where I was able to steam it!

 After dinner at the Moore's house, we watched the fireworks show on the river. Maggie held Ava while I snapped some photos.

 Nathan and Avery

 We came across some friends from church (Caitlin, Jeremy, Alan, and Jessica)

 Family picture. My hair was fixed very nicely until the rain got to it!

 Jeremy and Ava

 Ava has learned how to pull hair. We got a picture because it was cute the first time. We will not be allowing this to happen again, though!! :)

I was very pleased when I got home. The photos of the fireworks looked awful on my camera, but they look pretty good on the computer! 

Here are some photos of the fireworks throughout the evening:













 Ava and Daddy play "Superman," during the fireworks show. She was really not all that interested. But, it beats being terrified!

All over!! We had a great Independence Day with the Moore's, the Middleton's, and Miss Jessica Dawson (our adopted daughter) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment