Thursday, July 21, 2011

Places I've Been: St. Lucia Edition

Okay. St. Lucia is to die for. I would retire in St. Lucia if I could. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been. St. Lucia was the last port of call on our 2008 cruise. Jeremy and I booked a shore excursion that took us all over the island. We visited the botanical gardens, the Pitons, the Anse La Reye market, and a little Caribbean restaurant covered in vines. We stopped at a banana plantation on our way to the market and bought fresh bananas. They were delicious! I didn't know how different the flavor would be, but it was much sweeter. We will go back to St. Lucia at some point in our lives. Hands down, my favorite island in the Caribbean.

 The Pitons in the distance



At the drive through volcano (sounds funny, but really neat)

No comments:

Post a Comment