Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Colorful Birds Make Ava Happy Too!

Today, Jeremy and I took a small group of kids on a Mystery Trip! They did not know where we were going until we got on the bus. We gave them a choice of going bowling or going to the zoo. It was unanimous! They all wanted to go to the zoo. I was happy because I love the zoo! When we visited the lorikeet exhibit, Jeremy and I discovered that Ava shares my love of colorful birds!

Here are some photos of her adventure:


I think these birds are so beautiful! I love all the colored feathers!


 As soon as we walked into the exhibit, birds started flocking to us. Ava was interested in the birds on the ground. She was not aware of the one crawling up Dad's arm!


 Jeremy let her get "Up Close and Personal" with the birds scampering around on the ground. You can see the tail feathers of this little bird getting as far away as possible from her!


 This little bird was friendly and allowed Ava to touch him.


 She tried to grab him with two hands and would have no doubt put him into her mouth if he had let her (she puts everything into her mouth these days!) After a few minutes, he pecked her on the finger to let her know that he had enough! Of course, she started to cry. But she was over it in about a minute. She just had her feelings hurt. :)


 Sweet little lorikeet on Jeremy's shoulder. Ava was still interested in the ones down below. I know that she will probably not remember this, but I am so glad that she had this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment