Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days Of Thankfulness: Day 6

Today I am thankful for Ferman and Jean Carpenter. Ferman studied the Bible with me in 2004-2005 before I became a Christian. It was during my Freshman year of college that I realized that my baptism when I was 10 meant nothing. I hadn't changed a thing in my life. I know many people would say, "Well, you were 10. What was there for you to turn away from?" My response would be this: If I was not in sin at that time, then I had no business being baptized. The purpose of baptism is to cleanse you from sin. Ferman helped me come to that conclusion after several months of studying. I am so thankful that God brought him and his family into my life when I really needed them. I am eternally grateful to the Carpenter family for the time they took to encourage me and lead me in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment