Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days Of Thankfulness: Day 10

I am so thankful for our home. Jeremy and I put a contract on this house on April 21st, 2007. We closed on it exactly 30 days later. We flew to Alabama from Texas on the Friday before A-Day (a mistake) We looked for houses all day Saturday and searched every neighborhood twice. I cried several times that day. We went to dinner that evening with the new minister of our congregation and several elders. Jeremy and I were both resigned to the fact that we may have to live in an apartment for a year before buying a house. We were not happy about that, but there really was nothing else we could do. Our realtor called us during our dinner and said that she had found two more houses that we had not seen. We met up with her at 10pm and she showed us this house. I loved it! I immediately walked outside and told her that I did not want to see any more of the house until I knew that there was no contract on it. She called several different people and then told us that there was no contract on the house. We told her to pull the paperwork before we even finished looking at the house. We knew it was the one as soon as we walked through the doors!

Almost 5 years later, I still love this house. We have added our touches to it: red paint, a sectional, oil paintings, etc. Our first child was brought home to this house. Lord willing, so will our second, third, and fourth (I slipped the fourth in there just to see what Jeremy will say!) It is small and cozy and completely perfect for us! Several people have asked us if we plan on selling our house because of our new addition. My answer is, "no." There is nothing wrong with sharing a bedroom. I shared a bedroom with my sister until I was 10 or 11. We have to keep our guest bedroom because we use it all the time. I would go so far as to say that 3 children could share a bedroom! When we physically need a new house, I believe that God will provide. But until then, we are happy in our little 1501 square feet dream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment