Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 17

This is not Brooke writing this blog. This is her husband, Jeremy. Brooke is currently in the middle of a "Twilight Marathon" at the local movie theater. She has been gone since 3:00 PM and probably won't be home until 3:00 AM. She will be watching all 3 of the previous Twilight films, followed by the 4th one ("Breaking Dawn - Pt. 1") at midnight.

Perhaps the biggest lie I could tell you right now would be: "I'm so jealous."

I'm not.

She has asked me to be a "guest writer" on her blog. She has asked me to write what I am thankful for, so here goes:

1. I'm thankful that Brooke is enjoying herself tonight, watching what might be the worst series of movies ever created by mankind. I am thankful that she finds pleasure in them, although to me, they are the most joyless, awful, depressing, and unintentionally hilarious films ever produced. But I'm thankful she got to go.

2. I'm thankful that I got to spend the afternoon/evening with my daughter, Ava. We went to Target, bought a new stroller, had sweet potatoes for dinner, and then went to the church building to hang out with some of the college kids (who were ALSO watching "Twilight"....it's hard to escape this thing). I just finished bathing her, giving her a bottle, and putting her to bed. I'm thankful that I could do that tonight.

3. I'm thankful for Brooke. She has been a great wife and is a fantastic mother. She is the love of my life and I can't imagine a single day without her love, companionship, and presence in my life. I thank God regularly for blessing me with such a wonderful wife.

4. I'm thankful that God loves me and that He is interested in my life. I'm thankful that I have a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ, and I'm thankful for my Church family at Northport. The blessings associated with my faith are too numerous to mention:)

5. I'm thankful that Brooke didn't tell me how long this had to be, because I think I'm finished:)

I think I'll watch some Seinfeld and fall asleep now:) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment