Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Days Of Thankfulness: Day 15

Ava took her first steps last night! 

Jeremy, Ava, and I went to Jason's Deli for dinner last night after I purchased all my prizes for Bunco (and let me just say, they are some GREAT prizes! To me, at least!) We have fed Ava hardly any sugar up to this point. I think I have pinched off a miniscule piece of cake at a church fellowship meal, but that is about all she has had. Last night, Jeremy decided to give her a few licks of his chocolate ice-cream. I really didn't mind because she is 11 months old and my goal was to wait until she was a year old before introducing sugar. Close enough! Well, all it took was three good licks and she was wired!! 

Jeremy and I picked up Courtney Cooke on the way home. She stayed with us last night while her family is displaced from their house (a pipe burst in their house and all the floors are ruined) Ava LOVES Courtney! When we walked into the house, Courtney held out her hot pink phone for Ava to play with. Ava immediately started walking toward her! Jeremy and I thought it was just a fluke, so we had Courtney hold out her cell phone several more times. Ava walked  to the phone every single time! We were so happy!

I have heard so many people say that we try our hardest to get our children to walk and talk the first year of their life and we try our hardest to get them to sit down and be quiet for the next 17 years of their life! That is funny and true, but we are still so grateful that our little girl is walking and we got to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment