Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 21

I actually have some pictures to share! I will work quickly because I have had all day nausea. I really need to go lay down. Sleeping is the only thing that helps with the nausea!

Last night at church, my friend Peyton came up to me and handed me a sheet of paper. It was a really cute drawing that her 4 year old daughter, Lily Grace, had done. I was super impressed because Lily Grace completely covered the whole 8.5X11 sheet with art. If you have taken child development classes, you know that that is no small feat for a 4 year old! I think Peyton may have a gifted youngster on her hands!

 Peyton made a little note on the back of Lily Grace's masterpiece. I laughed so hard at the girl crow part! Just wait until you see the hair that Lily Grace drew on these crows! It is too cute and super creative!

 I guess Lily Grace noticed that my child does have quite a bit of hair! (She is very observant!) I love Ava's hair in this picture!

 A close-up of Lily Grace and Ava. Too cute!

My favorite part! The girl crows! I love that Lily Grace knew that these were crows and she colored them black (like I said, very observant!) I also love that she drew hair on them to distinguish between male and female. She is a very smart little girl!

I am thankful for gifts like this. I think the most sincere gift you can receive is something handmade by a child. Children are resourceful and creative. They may not have the money to buy a gift so they use their time and energy to create something totally unique from the heart. This beauty now resides on the side of my refrigerator! Thank you, Lily Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment