Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This Is How We Do It...

This will be my dumbest post ever...

This is actually a post about salad night at our house. Jeremy and I got on a salad kick last month. We had salads for dinner every night of the week for about a week and a half. When we ran out of salad supplies, we ordered out to McAlister's. We love the Savannah chopped salad (I think that is what it is called) 

Anyway, our first salad night was so exciting! I walked into the kitchen and saw Jeremy chopping away at a plethora of salad toppings and accoutrements. I think he may have looked at me and said, "I don't know how other people fix their salads, but this is how we do it." So then I started humming the song. The tune caught on and pretty soon we were making up our own lyrics about making a salad:

"This is how we do it,
It's Friday night,
And I feel alright.
The party's here in the Pate house.

So I reach for my salad and I eat it up,
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah"

It was so long ago that I forgot the lyrics that we made up, but you get the idea. We are complete dorks in this household. But we are fun dorks who love each other. Who knew that salads could be so much fun? ;)

We started off with Black Forest ham, Cucumbers, a small can of black olives, and sliced strawberries.

 We added green olives, bacon bits, and some salad toppings.

 I used Paula Deen's Peach Salad Dressing. Jeremy did not use dressing.

 We layered all this over iceberg lettuce and shredded cheese.

 Boiled eggs were supposed to go on top, but we did not boil them properly...

 We also had spinach mixed in with the iceberg lettuce.

 The top of my yummy salad. I had crumbled gorgonzola cheese in mine, but you can't see it.

The last touch

Jeremy begged me to NOT do this post :) I think he is genuinely embarrassed. Well, that is definitely a change! Usually he is the one to embarrass me! :) Ha! Oh well! It was a fun night and I wanted to remember it!

No comments:

Post a Comment