Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tebow

No, I am not talking about Tim Tebow. We don't speak the language of sports in this household. We are more artistically and musically inclined. Call us nerds. We don't mind. We are proud of it! :)

No, Tebow has actually been a mystery in our household for over a week. It is a word that Ava has said over and over in reference to movies. She will point to one movie and say, "Tebow!" and point to another movie and say, "No Tebow." We could not figure out what she was talking about!

We tried to figure it out two days ago. Jeremy got three movies that we had recently viewed and held them all up to Ava. He asked her which one was "Tebow." She pointed to Cinderella. We thought that maybe Tebow meant Cinderella, but then she said, "Cinderella." We pointed to Shrek. She said, "No Tebow." We held up the Disney documentary that we sometimes watch (and by sometimes, I mean every afternoon) She said, "Mick Mouse." What in the world was Tebow?

I solved the mystery this afternoon! After Ava's bath, I sat her on the bathroom counter to brush her teeth. She said, "Tebow!" I looked at the toothbrush, confused. I said, "toothbrush?" She said, "toothbrush." I said, "Ava, tell Momma where Tebow is." I was really excited because I felt like I was on the brink of the most important discovery of the 21st century! She pointed to her Tinkerbell cup that holds all of her dental hygiene supplies. I said, "Tinkerbell?" Ava shook her head yes and said, "Tebow!" I threw back my head and laughed so hard because all the pieces fell into place!

Tinkerbell=Tebow. I don't know why that is the way she says it, but it is what it is. The reason she said "Tebow" when we pointed to Cinderella, was because of the Disney logo immediately preceding the opening credits. There is the castle scene and Tinkerbell flies over the top. I always make a big deal of that and say, "Ava look! It's Disney! And there's Tinkerbell!" I didn't know she was paying attention to me! When I put "Shrek" in the other day, Ava looked at me and said, "Where Tebow dough?" ("Where did Tinkerbell go?") (Shrek is Dreamworks) I didn't know that she paid attention to those opening scenes! It is really amazing to me that she was able to make a distinction between a "Tebow movie" (as she calls it) and a "No Tebow movie," just by looking at the DVD cover.

So, tonight when we got home from church, I pranced around a little bit and tried to get Jeremy to guess what my big news was (seriously, figuring this mystery out IS a HUGE deal!) He couldn't guess it, so I finally told him. I would love to tell you that we found some spiritual application in all of this, but we didn't. We popped in the movie "Shrek" and taught her how to say "DreamWorks" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment