Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cades Cove

We were so happy that we got to visit Cades Cove on our trip. It was quite the drive, but we had a great time seeing lots of wildlife. I wish that we had had an entire day to let Ava get out at every stop, but we didn't. Oh well, she enjoyed getting to help Daddy drive. I even got Greta out of her carseat and fed her while we drove through the loop.

The next 4 photos were taken on the windy drive to Cades Cove. Jeremy was so sweet to stop in a few places and let me take photos.




 My sweet girl!

This was our first stop. We got both girls out and walked around for about 20 minutes.











We got back into the car and drove less than half a mile before stopping again. This time, a buck was in a pasture only thirty feet from our vehicle. He was beautiful!





Immediately after that, a doe walked out in the road. Ava kept saying, "dee-ya." Greta kept silent and continued to suck on her bottle. :)




I actually saw a black bear!!! There were about 10 cars stopped in one spot. Jeremy and the girls did not get out, but I did! I walked all the way across a pasture to where the crowd of people had gathered and stood right below the tree like a big idiot and took my picture of the bear. I know that could have ended badly for me, (especially because the bear was in the process of coming down the tree) but I figured I could punch a bear in the nose if I needed to, right? :)












Cades Cove is so beautiful in the evening. The colors are so rich and all the restored cabins and buildings gleam in the sunset. I want to be there tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment