Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spitting Nails...

 Spitting nails is my new catch phrase. I have used it a lot the last few days and really feel like it sums up how I truly feel at times. I think I started saying it after I saw a preview of the new Steel Magnolias movie with an all african american cast. One of my favorite lines from that movie is when Shelby tells her momma, "You're ready to spit nails because you can't call the shots." I know I pick the most random and obscure stuff to talk about, but this is the Pate Potpourri. You know how sometimes a bag of potpourri will have a dried up pomegranate in the midst of all the little pieces of scented materials? Well, consider this post a pomegranate. :)

In my last little post, I said that I wanted to spit nails at someone from Shabbyblogs. The below pictures are why. I wanted my header to be the one with photos in it. I have seen the tutorial on how to do it and have done something similar many times before. For some reason, it did not work last night. I placed the photos and the header in foto flexer and tried to group it, merge it, decorate it, etc. It did not work. Jeremy finally had to come to the computer and resize the photos and give them the jagged edge that I wanted. When I tried to upload it to my blog, the image was too large. URGGG!!! So, I had to settle for the little shabby header on the bottom. I am not going to lie. I stomped my feet when I could not get it to work. I think I even yelled, "You stupid computer!" (poor computer, it wasn't HIS fault!) 

Yes, things like this bother me. I can sit through two screaming children while I am trying to eat, but I can't stand for something to be imperfect on my blog. Go figure! I am hoping that everyone has a little weird idiosyncrasy that they try to keep private in order to appear normal. I just told you mine, so now you now how completely abnormal I am. HaHa! Okay, let's all laugh this off and act like Brooke is okay! (Pretty Please?) :)

In all seriousness, I do believe my blog needs a reality check. Sometimes I read my posts and realize that everything sounds so peachy and completely normal. I am posting this little story to let everyone know that IT IS NOT ALWAYS PEACHY AND NORMAL! Sometimes it is pomegranate-y and abnormal! 


P.S. It really wasn't anyone's fault from shabbyblogs either. I just get too frustrated too easily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment