Monday, October 31, 2011

The Ordinary Princess

I borrowed this book from my friend Alisha Jaynes, a fellow book lover. She read this book when she was in 6th grade and recently found a newer print of it. She lent it to me to read several months ago, but I just now got to it.

It is a children's literature piece by M.M. Kaye. I loved it! It is the story of the 7th daughter in a royal family. On the day of her christening, she is given the gift of being completely ordinary. I won't spoil the end, but let's just say that everything works out!

It was a quick read (just a few hours) but it was well worth the pile of dishes in my sink and the loads of laundry on my couch. I think the word "sweet" is overused, but in the most sincere meaning of the word, this book was sweet. I would highly recommend reading this book to your little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment