Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Festival 2011

Last night, our church hosted our annual Fall Festival. Jeremy and I were in charge of the cake walk (which was very hard because we are both trying to be good) and Ava got passed around to friends while Mommy and Daddy worked.

We are lazy parents and waited until the last minute to buy her costume. We went to Target the night before the festival and picked up one of everything on the baby costume aisle and put it together for a complete costume smorgasbord look. :) One of my friends laughed and said, "I really thought that since you are a planner you would have planned her costume a year in advance." I laughed. NOPE!! Not this year! I did feel bad because it was her first Halloween and I wanted to have a really creative costume for her, but I guess I was a little too picky about all the options that I saw. Luckily, a friend from church gave us a lion costume for a two year old. Ava couldn't wear it this year, but there will be absolutely no thought about what she will be next year!

So...what was Ava for Halloween? Well, we like to think  of her as a Kitty Cat Fairy Princess.

 The wand was her favorite part! I really should give all the credit to Jeremy for picking out her costume. He picked out all the stuff while I stood on an aisle of Target and talked with my friend Maggie, her husband Nathan, and their little girl Avery. We bumped into each other while they were creating their baby registry for Baby Eli.

 Ava played on the Cake Walk before anyone arrived. She was the cutest (and only) Kitty Cat Fairy Princess at the Fall Festival!

Catch a glimpse of the kitty cat ears, crown, AND wings! By this time, the wand was gone!

 Avery was a purple crayon (a costume that won her the Best Costume title in her division, 2nd year in a row!)

 Luke was a SCARY pumpkin! I asked him to smile for the picture, but he wanted to make his pumpkin face! Too cute!

 The Frankenstein Toss has been through the ringer! It still serves its purpose, though!

 Gabby and Mykinzy play the fishing game.

 Cason is a Southern Belle.

 Talon plays the Bean Bag Toss.

 Avery and Ava had a blast in the miniature bounce house!

 The wand and headband are both gone.

 Nathan (Avery's dad) said that Avery was a used crayon at this point (no hat) :)

 I see where the headband went!

 Avery and Ava gave each other a hug when it was all over! It was very sweet and Ava didn't even pull Avery's hair or anything! We are proud parents! 

When Ava arches her back and becomes dead weight, it is time to go home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment