Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nautical Themed Baby Shower

This past Sunday afternoon, several of the ladies from church and I hosted a nautical themed baby shower for Miss Maggie Mae Moore! Little Eli James could be here as early as two weeks from now, but his official due date is February 1st. Maggie's first child, Avery, was born 4 weeks early, so we will see if Eli makes his debut early or on time!

 The beautiful cake was made by the talented Ramona Watts! She always does such a great job!

 Ramona even made the cute little sailboat on top of the cake!

 This was a little strawberry flavored cake that Ramona made especially for Nathan (the father-to-be) It was too cute, so we put it on display at the shower.

This was the tropical punch that I made. It was the first time I have ever made punch for a shower, so I have some experience to gain! For example, I assumed that since Kool-Aid's Tropical Punch flavor came in a blue packet, the actual punch would be blue. I assumed wrong! I don't drink Kool-Aid and never have, so I did not know that. I also learned that all the ingredients need to be cold in order for the whole punch to be cold. I assumed that since ice cream was one of the main ingredients, it would automatically be cold. Again, I assumed wrong! I will toot my own horn, though, and say that the punch tasted great (even if I did have to tell guests to get ice from the ice machine) :)

Recipe for Baby Shower Punch:

1 2 liter of SunDrop soda
1 liter of Sparkling White Grape Juice
1 Half-Gallon of Edy's Vanilla Ice Cream
1 packet of any flavor Kool-Aid

1. Chill all ingredients except Kool-Aid packet. Leave ice cream in the refrigerator to thaw a few hours before shower.

2. Put ice cream in punch bowl first. Then Kool-Aid packet. Pour other two ingredients on top. Mix well.

3. Enjoy!!
 I actually used a large glass vase to hold the punch instead of a traditional punch bowl.

 We had yummy strawberries!

 We had chocolate chip cookies and raspberry chocolate brownies!

 Just a few of the shower gifts.

Maggie holding the gift that her mom sent to her. Maggie was very surprised to have a gift from her mom. Mary (Maggie's mom) lives in Indianapolis and could not make it to the shower. Mary and I plotted for a few weeks ahead of time so that Maggie would get this gift at her shower.

 Opening the first card.

 Another gift

 Two cute sleepers!

Eli's first teddy bear! How sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment