Monday, December 26, 2011

Ava's 1st Christmas

December 25th, 2011, was Ava's second Christmas. I was not a blogger until she was 6 months old, which means that her 1st Christmas is not recorded on my blog. I want to take the time to share moments from her 1st Christmas. I will update a little later about her 2nd Christmas!

It is hard to remember every detail about December 25th, 2010. I wish that I had started blogging a long time ago because there are so many memories that I have not captured for Ava. She was only 12 days old last Christmas and I was in no shape to travel anywhere. The three of us spent the holidays at home, in the quiet, working on a nap schedule. I remember waking up that morning and feeding Ava. I was still trying to breastfeed at the time, but was not having much luck. Two days later I quit because my milk still had not come in. I was not discouraged, though. I had not put a lot of stress on myself to breastfeed anyway, so it was easy to turn to the alternative: formula feeding. After Ava's feeding, Jeremy got up and changed her diaper and changed her into her little elf outfit that we bought for her before she was born. I was still very hormonal and so my first instinct was to cry. She was so precious! 

Here are a few pictures from her early days at home:









No comments:

Post a Comment