Thursday, December 15, 2011

1 Year Check-Up & Shots!

Yesterday morning, Ava and I headed out to see Dr. Roberts. It was a difficult morning because (a) I was running very late, (b) Ava would be getting 4 shots and I forgot to give her Tylenol, and (c) It was Ava's first dr. visit without Daddy. :( Jeremy has been able to take off of work for every single dr. visit (prenatal visits included) where Ava is concerned. We were sad, but knew that he would not be able to come to all of them.

We waited in the Well Baby Infant room with a snooty woman who would not speak to me. I was still polite to her and complemented her on her pretty baby girl. Luckily, Ava was called back to a room after about 10 minutes and I no longer had to deal with the snobby attitude sitting across from me.

The first thing the nurse did was weigh and measure Ava:

Weight: 21 lbs.
Length: 28.5 in.
Head: 46.5 cm

When the doctor came in, she showed me Ava's growth curve. I was really proud because Ava has really stayed on it beautifully. It always makes me feel like a good mom when I see that she is growing the way she is supposed to. As for her percentiles, she is in the 50th percentile for weight, the 25th percentile for length, and the 90th percentile for her head (because of those smart brains!!) :)

When it was time for shots, I was a little worried because I had forgotten to give Ava a pain medicine that morning. The nurse was really good, though, and put the shots in quickly. Ava was a little shocked by the first one and then cried for the next three. I did not have time to cry with her because I was trying to comfort her. After 2-3 minutes, she calmed down and I was able to get her dressed and out of the room. We scheduled her 15 month appointment and then set off the have a mother-daughter lunch at Los Tarascos. Her legs are a little bruised from the shots, and she did run a small temperature for about 2 hours today, but other than that, she is handling it very well. I am so proud of my BIG GIRL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment