Thursday, December 8, 2011

Colin & Alisha Are Engaged!!

Saturday night, I got a call from my friend Alisha. She asked if I was busy and if she could drop by our house to show me something. I told her to come on by! I immediately told Jeremy, "I think Colin proposed to Alisha tonight!!" I had a feeling that this was coming soon, I just didn't know when. Jeremy told me to compose myself because if Alisha hadn't gotten a ring, it might make them feel pressured. I assured him that I could compose myself! ;-)

When Alisha and Colin came up the walk, I started grinning ear to ear. I had a really hard time being calm because I just wanted to know!! When Alisha pulled her hand out of her pocket, I literally spit some of my food out of my mouth. I was kind of embarrassed, but I don't think Colin and Alisha noticed. If they did, they were polite enough to not mention it to me!!

Colin had taken Alisha to The Olive Garden to eat dinner and asked her why she loved him. When she told him all the reasons, he pulled the ring box out of his pocket and proposed. Of course, she said YES!

Jeremy and I were very honored that Colin and Alisha stopped by our house. They asked Jeremy to make the announcement at church the next morning. We assured both of them that we would not breathe a word to anyone until the announcement.

We are so excited to see our friends embark on this wonderful journey. Marriage is hard at times, but it is completely worth it! I know that Colin will be a great husband to Alisha and Alisha will be a great wife to Colin. When they are ready, they will both be great parents. I believe that God brought Colin and Alisha together for a reason. They are perfect for each other. 


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for them. I've been smiling when I've thought about them at random times this week :)

    ReplyDelete