Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas With The Pate's

My parents left our house on Thursday, December 22nd, to go back to Texas. The very next day, Jeremy and I loaded Ava and D'Atra into our car to head to Tennessee for a few days. D'Atra is our "adopted" daughter who is away at Troy University right now. During holidays, she will usually spend some time with us or the Box family (her "grandparents") :) We were able to stay in Tennessee from Friday to Monday. It was a short trip, but we had to get home so that Jeremy could take the Youth Group to Exposure Youth Camp in Huntsville, on Tuesday. It has been an extremely busy Christmas season, but we wouldn't have it any other way!

 I fed Ava right before we opened gifts. I wanted her to be all set because there was a lot to open!

 She is looking at her food before I put it in her mouth.

 My mother-in-law always cooks a delicious Christmas meal and sets the table really nice. The table settings were so pretty that I had to take a few pictures!

 Norman Rockwell plates

 Beautiful Poinsettias!

 My favorite! This ornament is one that Jeremy designed when he was 11 years old. It is Michael Jackson :)

 The beautiful Christmas tree!

 All the gifts!

 Ava opening a gift and showing her cousin, Chris.

 D'Atra looks on as Ava opens a gift from Berrie, Ty, and Chris: a cross to hang in her bedroom :)

 Aunt Berrie, Uncle Ty, and Chris bought Ava a cross and a Baby Bible. Ava loves looking at her bible!

Ava had a great time with Nana, Poppy, Berrie, Ty, Chris, D'Atra, Mommy and Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment