Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas With The Watkins

My mom is a 3rd grade teacher in Texas, which means that when she gets a holiday break, it is usually a lengthy one!! Our family was blessed to have my mom, dad, and brother come to visit us for a week. My mom got out  of school at 11:15 on December 16th, and by 2 pm, my family was on their way to Alabama. Jeremy, Ava, and I really enjoyed getting to visit with them while they were here! Since they would not be here on Christmas day, we decided to open gifts and celebrate the holiday with them on Tuesday, December 20th. We had a great time opening gifts and EATING! I feel like all we did was eat!

Here are some photos of our Christmas celebration with them:

 We decided to put Ava in her bouncer until we were all finished opening our gifts. It kept her out of the way, but also allowed her to see what was going on. We waited until all the adults and my brother had opened gifts and then let Ava open all of hers. It worked out really well :)

 Brendon giving Ava her stocking

 A sock monkey!

 A Rapunzel piggy bank from Mommy and Daddy. This is what she will use to save up for all those Disney trips!

 New bath literacy tiles! Woo-Hoo! You can tell that this is a Mommy gift!

 Straight into her mouth! Well, at least she knows they need to be wet!

 That is about right. Our child opened hundreds of dollars worth of gifts and she is more content sitting on Brendon's nerf gun box playing with Daddy's breath mint container!



 Ava's wrapping paper

 Some of the loot

 Ava's new cube activity center

 Books from Gigi

 A cute sparkly outfit!

 Aww! Too cute! Ava's Christmas tree outfit.

 My grandparents (Nana and Pop) gave this to Ava for Christmas! We can't wait for her to wear it!

 Jeremy bought me The Hunger Games trilogy for Christmas. I read all three books in three consecutive days. I can't wait to see the movie in March 2012!

 My mom bought me two Scentsy wax burners. I love this one because it matches my kitchen! She also bought me two scents: Camu Camu, and Kalika Hula. I cannot pick which one is my favorite!

 This is the second Scentsy warmer! I love them both!

 A gag gift from my silly husband!

 Another gift from my husband. He calls this my "horcrux" necklace! I love it, though!

Jeremy always buys me some kind of expensive shampoo and conditioner for Christmas and my birthday. I am all set on hair products for the next several months! :)

Last Christmas was wonderful because it was quiet and it was Ava's first. But, this year was amazing!! She had such a great time opening gifts! Jeremy and I really loved seeing her face when she would open a present. She was more intent on tearing the paper than receiving the actual gift, but it was fun all the same! I can't wait until next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment