Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Standing Up

Ava started pulling herself to a standing position 3 weeks ago. It started in her crib. Jeremy came home from work just as Ava was waking up. He said he would go change her diaper and feed her. A moment later, I heard him call my name. I walked into her room and saw her sitting on her knees in her crib. She was holding onto the slats with her hands. We praised her and she grinned from ear to ear! Since that day, she has been working on pulling up to a full standing position. She is pretty good at it by now, but she is still pretty wobbly once she stands. 

Here are some photos of her experimenting:





Yes, her room was a wreck when I took these pictures. I was in the middle of re-organizing. I find that every few months, I need to re-organize her things. As she outgrows clothing and toys, I put old things away for our next child and pull out new things for her to enjoy. I have packed away all of her newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, and most of her 6 months clothes. She now is in mostly 6-9 months clothing and a few 12 month dresses from Target (Cherokee brand) She has outgrown her swing, her bouncer, her bathtub, her mobiles, and her car seat gadgets. We upgraded her to the actual bathtub where she can splash and play with her bath toys. Having a child is so much fun! There is always something new to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment