Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CHOM

After Storytime yesterday, Ava and I headed to the Children's Hands On Museum (CHOM) with our friends Peyton, Lily Grace, and Cooper. We had a great time looking around and exploring. Although Ava is still too little for many of the exhibits, she had fun anyway! She tried on different hats in the dress up room, and crawled around the school house. She also petted a stuffed bear and "swam" in the 0-12 months "pond" in the barnyard. It was a wonderful afternoon!

 Lily Grace standing behind the glass at the ice cream shoppe. MMM! Yummy pretend treats!

 Ava playing in the bed with the dolls.

 Trying on a hat

 Whoops! Too big!

 All better!

 Cooper and Lily Grace play school

 Ava wants to play too!

 In the ice cream shoppe, Ava "tried" every flavor. Okay, I know what some moms are thinking right now: "Oh, my goodness, is she really letting her child put her mouth on that thing that so many people have touched?" My answer: "yup." I couldn't stop her in time and I am not really a complete germaphobe anyway. The way I look at it, those germs are going to help build up her immunity. :)

 Ava goes for the ice cream sundae.

 I guess her favorite is the ice cream cone with a cherry on top.

 Ava pets the stuffed bear.

 Ava "swims" in the "pond."

 I love the way she has rested her head on her arms like this. It was too cute!

 Looking around at the other kids.

 She LOVED the fish in the fish tank! And they loved her too!

 She also LOVED looking at the turtles in the terrarium!

 She just stared for several minutes.

 When she looked away from the turtles, she was ready to move on.

 Sweet Ava

 Playing with the wooden toads in the music room

I love this because it looks like she is reading directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment