Thursday, August 4, 2011

New, New, New, and New!

The Pate Clan visited the Watkins side of the family in Texas last week. We had a great time getting to see Gigi (my mom), Papaw (my dad), Uncle B (my brother), and Aunt Britt (my sister). We also got to meet Aunt Britt's fiance, Eric, for the very first time! Brittany and Eric will tie the knot on January 7th, 2012. Miss Ava will be a flower girl in her wedding! I will write a more extensive post about my trip when I have more time, but right now I want to post some of my new goodies from our Texas trip:

 My new Coach purse that my mom gave to me! It has been previously owned by Lori Aguilar (my mentor teacher when I was in my last year of college. She is an amazing teacher who taught me so much about children, learning, and discipline. I know she took great care of it!) My mom no longer uses it, so she gave it to me! :) Lucky me!!

 My new Clinique make-up bag! This is a bonus bag that my mom never used! I love it! (My mom also loaded me up on Clinique make-up that she bought and never used!) 

Ava's new diaper bag! Whenever I visit my family, I always make a trip to Sam Moon Trading Company, a wholesale shop in Dallas that sales knock-off brand purses, jewelry, home decor, luggage, belts, and much more. I found this piece of luggage right as I walked into the store. It is not actually a diaper bag, but I am using it as one. When Ava grows out of it, she can use it as an overnight bag.

It's a brand new car! (In Bob Barker's voice, of course!) We totally did not plan on buying a new car in Texas, but we had a fortuitous encounter with this Buick Enclave, at Stewart Motor Company, in Corsicana, Texas. As a last minute decision, Jeremy put his Nissan Titan up for sale on Ebay the week before we left for Texas. As luck would have it, the truck sold on the Sunday afternoon of our visit with my parents. We were looking at new vehicles that afternoon! The Enclave is my dream car! I never in a million years expected that we would be able to have one. But, we have some very good friends who happen to own Stewart Motor Company, and they gave us a great deal. It is a 2009 and has been owned by one other person ( a girl that I went to high school with) I am completely happy with everything on this car. I feel so much safer driving this car with Ava in tow. The 11 hour drive back home was so much nicer because there was so much more room!

No comments:

Post a Comment