Thursday, August 1, 2013

Patio Picnic & Backyard Fun!

When Jeremy got off of work, we had a fun little evening planned for our backyard. Jeremy mowed the yard and the girls played on the swing-set. Greta learned how to climb up the slide several months ago, but she had not mastered how to slide down. She would get to the top and then cry for me to come get her down. Well, today she finally learned how to slide down. I had to sit back and let her fall once or twice, but she finally did it! (And she didn't even cry when she fell!! Tough girl!) After the girls got thoroughly nasty and sweaty, we had a little picnic on our patio. I laid out one of my favorite quilts on the concrete and Jeremy served our dinner to us. He and I had cocktail style shrimp while Greta had her vegetable puree with Hawaiian Delight and Ava had chicken nuggets with A1 sauce :) It was simple and probably not very nutritious, but it was fun and memorable. The girls knew we were doing something out of the ordinary and they played right along :)

My girls playing on the slide:



Our patio picnic:






Look at their sweaty heads and pink cheeks:



Daddy fed Greta and I helped Ava get started:



Ava and Greta wanted sips of Daddy's water:




And then we all took turns putting a rag on our heads: (I really don't remember why, but the girls both laughed hysterically, like belly laughs. Go figure!)





We worked up an appetite for a free Target cookie:



What a fun evening! Sometimes simple is best!

No comments:

Post a Comment