Saturday, July 28, 2012

What Works & What Doesn't Work



At the beginning of last week, Greta broke out in the most awful rash on her scalp and face. Part of it was baby acne because her oil glands started producing oil at about 6 weeks of age, but I wasn't sure what the other part was. At first glance, someone would probably diagnose it as severe cradle cap, but her bumps were not consistent with that of cradle cap. Last Monday was probably the worst. I almost took her to the doctor because I thought it could be something really serious. Then, I did a little thinking. The bumps were only on the parts of her face that had been touched with baby soap. I had been using the small bottle of Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash that we had been given in the hospital. I remembered it being too harsh for Ava's skin, so I decided to switch over to Johnson's Natural (which was the only thing we could use on Ava's skin) It worked! The next day, the bumps started to go away and her skin started to flake over. It stayed dry for about a week, but she is now totally healed!! Yay!! So, I guess my girls have expensive taste! I guess it could be worse, though! I hear of babies who can only use California Baby or Burt's Bees. So, Johnson's Natural it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment