Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ava At 19 Months!

I said in an earlier post that I was behind on blogging. Ava turned 19 months on July 13th. Today is July 28th. You do the math and figure out how many days late I am. I don't feel like doing math tonight. That sounded a bit rude and demanding. I don't mean it to be. I just really hate math :)

First, some photos of Miss Priss:

 Playing outside in the rain. She caught raindrops in her red solo cup :)

I took her to target one evening while Jeremy stayed home with Greta. I was looking through the accessories when I came across a display of straw hats. There was a really cute tan and orange one that I wanted her to try on, but she had to have the pink one. She pointed to it and got really giddy. I think it was the perfect fit! ;)

 Swinging

 Ava found Greta's pacifier and decided to give it a try!

My pretty baby girl!

Now for the information:
  • Ava is now tall enough to climb on our dining room chairs. It is such a battle to keep her off of them. I could babyproof our table and just take off my centerpiece, but I refuse to. She has to learn to stay off when we say "no." Therefore, the centerpiece stays :)
  • She can push the chairs all around the house. She climbs on them and turns the lights and fans on and off.
  • She is just now beginning to get curious about the electrical outlets. Luckily, I babyproofed them a long time ago!
  • She can climb in and out of the bathtub by herself.
  • She can reach up in the bathtub and pull the shampoo and conditioner off the shelf.
  • One of her incisors is finally coming through the gums!! Maybe the other 3 will follow suit!
  • She is in a 5.5 shoe.
  • She is still in a 5 diaper.
  • Ava can wear 18-24 months clothes.
Manners:
  • Ava has really come a long way in this area! She now says 'thank you' when we give her something that she asks for.
  • She will say 'please' when she really wants something.
  • We are still working on 'yes ma'am' and 'no ma'am' but she is learning.
  • We are teaching her to say 'hi' to someone when they come up to speak to her. It is a work in progress. :)
Big Sister:
  • Ava is a great big sister! She will stop playing with toys to walk over and kiss Greta on the forehead.
  • She is just now figuring out how to hug Greta. A few days ago, she climbed onto my lap and just hugged Greta's neck for the longest time. She was so gentle and kind. It was really sweet!
  • She still helps me burp Greta. She will gently pat her back to help ease the gas bubble.
  • When Greta is crying, Ava will walk over and try to either give her a pacifier, or pat her mouth with a burp cloth.
  • She is learning to whisper when she is around Greta. It is so sweet!
Word Inventory:

I was having a hard time remembering which words I have posted during which month. So, I "tested" Ava on her words to see which ones she knew. I am going to post most of them in this post. This will hopefully help me remember.

Animals: cat, dog, frog, meow, woof, moo, BIT (ribbit), bird, duck, bee, fish

Body Parts: eyes, mouth, nose, ears, hands, feet, toes, teeth, knees, hair, bellybutton. She can say these and identify them.

People: Mommy, Daddy, Jeremy (she just learned this one!), Greta, baby, Britt (beet), Gigi, Nana, Hadleigh, (we are still working on Pawpaw and Poppy) Bobby, Avery, Nathan, Joe (jojo)

Things: cup, flower, trees, outside (ou-shize), phone, meat, peas, beans, snack, milk, water, swing, bath, toys, book, diaper, seat.

Phrases: All done!, I see!, I don't know!,

I know I am missing some, but I think this is the majority--I just remembered! Her new favorite word is movie (meevee) Ha! She begs to watch a movie almost every day. Although I was a bit more lax with the TV while I was pregnant, I have gone back to a stricter routine. I turn the TV on maybe once a week. When Jeremy gets home, though, he puts a Disney documentary on almost every afternoon. I would say that she gets about 30 minutes of television per day.

Now that I am mobile and able to do more, I clean a lot. Ava is really a big help. She will help me load the washer, dryer, and dishwasher. She will also clean up after herself. I make her put all her books back in the bin when she is finished, and she also has to put her toys away before her nap.

Wow!! This was a long post!! If I think of anything I missed, I will post more :)





No comments:

Post a Comment