Saturday, July 28, 2012

Greta At 2 Months!!

Greta will be 2 months old in 3 days!!! My little lovely is growing so quickly! I hate to do a post too early, but we will be out of town on the 31st, so I need to go ahead and record this post under this month.

Here are some fun photos of my darling baby:










I think it is funny that she is asleep in most of the pictures! Greta is certainly a sleepier baby than Ava was. I have been working really hard on a sleep schedule with her and I am realizing that she cannot tolerate more than 30-45 minutes of waketime after her naps. I have to consider how long she is, though. Greta is shaping up to be a much taller child than Ava, which means she growing faster (she was only 18 inches long when she was born) That could account for all the sleep :)

Here are some little things that are new this month:
  • Greta is mastering rolling over. She started rolling over when she was 3-4 weeks old and has not stopped. She is now trying to roll from her back to her stomach. She has only managed to make it onto her side, but I have a feeling she will master that skill pretty soon.
  • She is giving out more social smiles. I am so glad! I love this stage!
  • She is in the beginning stages of cooing. It is so sweet to hear her voice!
  • Her movements are beginning to make more sense. No more flinging her arms around when she is startled!
  • She LOVES the ceiling fan! Ava did too! She gazes at it and smiles. I call it flirting :)
  • She curls her toes just like me!! Both of my girls curl their toes under. It drives Jeremy crazy!
  • She doesn't seem to have the spit-up problem that Ava had. I am knocking on wood right now, though.
  • She is still waking up 1 time at night, but she can sleep for a 6-7 hour stretch. I moved her bedtime earlier (8-9) and that seems to help.
  • Greta will take anywhere from 2-4 oz. of formula.
  • She is settling into four 2 hour naps a day. I really don't have anything to complain about as far as sleep.
  • She and Ava take naps at the same time every day. I moved Ava's nap back an hour in the afternoon so that they would sleep at the same time. WooHoo! I am able to clean our house and stay on top of the laundry! (You wouldn't know it to look at our house today, though!) :)
  • She is learning to deal with her pacifier a little better. I am not going to force it on her, but I would like for her to take it a little bit to buy me some time before she starts wailing.
  • She still HATES her carseat. Luckily, she is about to outgrow the padding. I think when I am able to remove the padding, she will be more comfortable.
As always, I know I missed a few things. When I think of new things, I will just make a new post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment